Ford Focus Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

· Pron Star
15,527 Posts
Whats weird is that I just found out the parts are the same price here in Germany at the Porsche dealer.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
I ordered a set from my local dealer today they where 32.42, in addition to the blades I’m going to run ducting form my fog lights and attach it to the blade. I’m not sure if it will really add any additional cooling but I have all the ducting and only need to get an 3” inlet for the fog light.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
I’m gong to try and mount the ducting to the upper part of the blade pointing towards the hub, so it shouldn’t interferer to much. We’ll see how it works out. Maybe I’ll get to work on it in a few weeks.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
I did this cooling set up this weekend also, but I added my own twist, I made tabs similar to how Mysvtftoy did his but I raised the blades up higher like Jefe did except I used a longer bolt and a spacer. I also added a 3” hose that get air form the fog light cut outs and the directs the air to the blade.

I haven’t driven the car other then around to block to make sure noting rubs.

· Registered
35 Posts
I used Mysvtftoy's mod and installed the "fins" ran 8 thirty minute sessions in two days at Sebring without break issues. Air temp was 90+. Great mod very little money and works well. you can see the fins in this shot

· Registered
2,797 Posts
bri said:
I did this cooling set up this weekend also, but I added my own twist, I made tabs similar to how Mysvtftoy did his but I raised the blades up higher like Jefe did except I used a longer bolt and a spacer. I also added a 3” hose that get air form the fog light cut outs and the directs the air to the blade.

I haven’t driven the car other then around to block to make sure noting rubs.
I like this set up the best, best of both and no issues with rubbing.

Does anyone have a link to get the blades?

· Registered
401 Posts

· Registered
2,635 Posts
I would just pick them up at a local dealer there not to expensive.

You could certainly make your own but, the time and effort would probably be about the same price. I have had them on for about 2 weeks now and but a good number of miles on the street with out any issue with rubbing. I’ll be taking the car to the track on the 14th of July to give them a real test.

· Pitching Tents for the Corner Spot!
1,049 Posts
thanks for the shots....i am gonna run my ducting through the fogs or next to the PW heat exchanger. I am gonna make a custom deflector for the rotor area to pipe the air into the hub correctly.

· Registered
1,379 Posts
One more vote for the Porsche fins here. I've had plenty of front brake overheating issues at Road Atlanta. For the July DE (mid 90's), I used the fins - since this was on my DD, I made a removable mount so I could easily transfer the scoops to the track SVTF when I get it ready:

These mount onto the lower control arm, and can be on/off in about 5 minutes. I jacked up one side a bit to get the air a bit higher, towards the hub. Really tho, at speed there's no telling where all the air ends up. BTW, the plastic is Lexan polycarbonate - it can take heat and is very tough.

They made such a difference, I had a very hard time bedding the new brake pads - I couldn't get and keep the rotors hot enough around town to bed the pads because the scoops worked so well. The scoops kept the front rotors cooler than the rear rotors at the end of the bedding session! On the track, I had zero issues (I'm sure the XP10's didn't hurt either!) and could get into the ABS every time.

· Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
supersonicsvt said:
...On the track, I had zero issues (I'm sure the XP10's didn't hurt either!) and could get into the ABS every time.
Porsche fins and XP10s up front are working for me. I thought I was getting some fade the other day after about 25 minutes of going round and round, but I figure it to be the ABS kicking in while heading downhill going to threshold braking on a slightly slick surface.

· Registered
775 Posts
im with only in a domestic---i wanna see how its done behind the bumper through the fog lamp holes. i already have the fogs missing on my svt focus and have been looking to create a duct system for my brakes. i was thinkin of something close to that 385 mustang kit....some flexible tube from the fog lamp hole to the rotor. seems pretty simple.......:screwy:

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.