Ford Focus Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

· Registered
2,635 Posts
getn2focus said:
im with only in a domestic---i wanna see how its done behind the bumper through the fog lamp holes. i already have the fogs missing on my svt focus and have been looking to create a duct system for my brakes. i was thinkin of something close to that 385 mustang kit....some flexible tube from the fog lamp hole to the rotor. seems pretty simple.......:screwy:
Did you see mine on Page 3?

· Registered
775 Posts
right now the only computer access i have is from work and my computer isnt allowing the images to be shown. i wish it would so that way i can see what everyone is talkin bout.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
getn2focus said:
right now the only computer access i have is from work and my computer isnt allowing the images to be shown. i wish it would so that way i can see what everyone is talkin bout.
If you would like I can email you some photos. Just shoot me a PM

· Registered
2,797 Posts
Did the Porsche ones today. Here is how I did it.

The mounting screws, welded to the arm.

From the front.

from under the splitter befor.

and after

Going to run HPDE 3 at PIR on the 13th so we will see how they do.

· Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
tparker said:
Going to run HPDE 3 at PIR on the 13th so we will see how they do.
Gonna go out on a limb here: I think you will love how it helps reduce fade for how simple a fix it is. Helps to have track pads, SS-sheated brake hoses, and high BP fluid too, but that's pretty much a given. Personally, I think you'll notice that more than than the splitter. About that, I saw in another thread yours goes back pretty far. Is it attached to the radiator support?

· Registered
2,797 Posts
mysvtftoy said:
About that, I saw in another thread yours goes back pretty far. Is it attached to the radiator support?
No it is not attached to the radiator support, it comes back too far to even reach the rad support. I used the bolts that the tie down brackets on the frame use. 1 bracket on each side tied to the frame. You can push down on the front of the splitter and the car moves down. It is really secure.

· Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
tparker said:
No it is not attached to the radiator support, it comes back too far to even reach the rad support. I used the bolts that the tie down brackets on the frame use. 1 bracket on each side tied to the frame. You can push down on the front of the splitter and the car moves down. It is really secure.
That'll be oh so stout. Nice! Gonna need some wing to offset that thing mang! Hah.

· Pitching Tents for the Corner Spot!
1,049 Posts
so even though everyone understands that cooling ONE side is not as good as both, it apparently helps a lot and no one has had rotor fatigue with it...

F-it..i'll just get the 993 scoops then....lol...

OKAY....Just ordered the deflectors..thanks for the link and part #'s!. I will have them on in about 6 months...LOL.

Brackets will be easy. [thumb]

· Registered
82 Posts
I had them installed and can say they must be helping cause I was able to go until abs came on over and over without issue on street tires at Watkins Glen. What I will do is check with my thermal gauge to see how hot they are getting in July when I head back to Watkins Glen and to Summit Point in WV.

· Registered
318 Posts
I had them installed and can say they must be helping cause I was able to go until abs came on over and over without issue on street tires at Watkins Glen. What I will do is check with my thermal gauge to see how hot they are getting in July when I head back to Watkins Glen and to Summit Point in WV.
I just bought some of the Genesis Thermal paint to see my temps before and after my next brake duct attempt.
Come on down to VIR for the SCMC event Memorial weekend, we'll be on the Full Course. After that it's on to Sebring the next weekend.

· Registered
82 Posts
I want to go to VIR, but I think it fried a RS wheel bearing. It's really weird, because it didn't start making sound until a week or so AFTER WGI. This is the second time this happened POST track event. The last time it was the left side. Strange thing is it was starting to chunk the left front, so I was expecting the LF to be beat however, if I recall correctly that bearing was a Motorcraft bearing and the RS is a Chinese made National bearing. So, we'll see.

I just bought some of the Genesis Thermal paint to see my temps before and after my next brake duct attempt.
Come on down to VIR for the SCMC event Memorial weekend, we'll be on the Full Course. After that it's on to Sebring the next weekend.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.