Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my two brake lights do not come on, but my upper third brake light works, and my rear park lamps work. Also ,my rear turn signals work as well as reverse lights. What could be wrong? I checked all fuses/bulbs, nothing is burnt out? My car is a 2002 focus ZX3 under warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Re: Brake lights not working

i think mayby your brake switch??? i will ask at work tuesday. this has happened before but on explorers i think

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

I agree with ax0n.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yeah, unfortunately, i also agree with Axon too..
ahh well.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Update: Took car into dealership this morning. They say, break lights are fine, but the security module is not allowing the break lights to come on when I press the breaks, it is faulty. Part is on order, I have to wait untill Tomororw morning. This is odd how a module just doesnt work out of the blue?? or is this normal way of indicating there is a problem?

·
Registered
438 Posts

I wasn’t too sure before, but it’s the GEM with C104 connector. It controls most of your exterior lighting. Too bad, you didn’t open your glove box, and looked for any loose connectors, sometimes they get loose when you hit a hole, although they look secured. And I doubt it if that was in your case.

To pin point damage gem can be difficult, cause there is 5 of them each has it own agenda. It goes from wipers, to your car radio, lights, alarm, and instrument cluster and locks o and your horn as well. And as you find out your self, you have checked every possible cause, but now, you have one more thing to check. (GEMs)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts