Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I went to the dealer today for service #4 and they told me that I have 3mm of brake left and I should change them soon. I asked for the price and it's 300$ CAN !! Understand that it is my first car and I never new I had to pay so much to change brakes.
Now for my question, when they say they need to change my brakes, do they mean only the pads or do they also include the rotors ?? Because if it is only the pads, wouldn't it be a better alternative to just get some aftermarket pads that hopefully, create less dust
!!
BTW, my car just hit the 25k mark and I was wondering if that's the normal amount of time brakes should last.
Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me a bit as for what to do.

Marc.

·
Registered
964 Posts
If that is for just front pads that is of course a rip-off. If that includes them changing the rotors too it is a little better but still more than if you did it yourself. If they are just changing the pads then you can do that yourself, it is fairly easy. Some Foci go through pads really quickly, others don't.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply man.
I've been searching around but I couldn't find a how-to on changing the brake pads. If anyone can give me a link or some tips, I would really appreciate it

Thanks,
Marc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts