Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Hella H4 HID conversion kit for 1 month. I never had this problem before until last night the lights suddenly died. I opened my hood and checked the fuse box, 4 fuses for low and high beam for both sides were out (break). I placed new fuses but the result was still the same, they were on for a while then the fuses broke and lights out. Can somebody tell what's wrong? Isn't it weird, this happened after hundreds of mile driving.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds like you've got an intermittent short that is grounding the high side of the wiring. You should recheck all your wiring for abrasion or overheating and make repairs as necc.
I've heard stories of when one fuse goes it takes some others with it (there was a thread on losing both High beams a few weeks back).
Good luck.
~Paris

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just replaced another new fuses and this time it worked. The fuse snapped whenever I turned the headlights on, not while driving which could mean that it has not enough current to light up the HID

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.