Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone Turanza LS-H for \'05 ZX5 S? Good Choice?

Hi everyone. Just bought a new ZX5 S. So Far, Great Car! Came w/ stock Goodyear RSA's which from what I can tell are only so-so @ best. Poor wet/snow traction. Looking to replace w/ a smooth riding tire w/good traction. Hard to find opinions from people whom have used the Bridgestone "Turanza" tire w/this car. I'm thinking this will be a fine choice. Your thoghts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Re: Bridgestone Turanza LS-H for \'05 ZX5 S? Good Choice?

Nothing against the Turanza's except price. Also, reviews at the tire rack seem to indicate lost gas mileage due to the overly aggressive tread pattern. These were a good deal when the tire rack had rebates back a few months. If you're intent on spending this kind of $$$, take a close look at the Pilot Exalto A/S.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Dunlop SP A2, Bridgestone Potenza RE950, Falken Ziex 512

$0.02

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

I have personally run the Turanza LH-S's on a Taurus and was very pleased with their performance. Very quite and comfortable, great handling, and excellent wet weather traction! While some customers have reported slightly lower gas mileage, I did not experience any reduction in mileage with the set I had!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I decided to go w/Turanza's. Absolutely no regrets. Great tire. Quiet, great wet/dry handling. Excellent straight line stability. Thousand times better than the stock Goodyear RSA's. (The RSA's are a very poor tire IMO. "B" rated temperature and only 1 polyester ply sidewall.) I highly recommend these Bridgestone tires. Not the least expensive, $485 OTD inc. road hazzard warranty, but worth it. I was considered the Michelin Pilot "Exalto A/S" but these tires were just introduced and there was no feedback on these tires. The Mrs. is very pleased w/her new Focus!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts