Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post deleted by TooleBox

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Re: Broke cams

you werent relyin on that to hold it when workin w/the cam sprocket bolts were you? (i wouldnt guess that some1 like you would make that mistake)

-Ult

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

you werent relyin on that to hold it when workin w/the cam sprocket bolts were you? (i wouldnt guess that some1 like you would make that mistake)

-Ult
Well it was me and well, yeah, we were. I still don't think they should've gave that easy. Oh well time for stage 3's to go with the head.
"well Honey, I can't seem to pay the bills this month"

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

Broken bolts, boken cam with cam gear stuck to it, messed up tensioner, shredded cam belt but fast car. Just can't drive it.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

That is why You do not rely on the cam tool to loosen or tighten the cam gear bolts. You need to use other means. Either vise grips on the stock cams, or like on some aftermarket cams, there is a hex casted into the shaft, between cylinders 1 and 2 I beleive, but that is where a wrench can fit to hold onto the cam and not break the end like what happened.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

I'm not saying you are wrong, but crap, we've done plenty by now and none have broken. I even asked some of my older gearhead buddies and they can't see a cam snapping that easy. Oh well, live and learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts