Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone elses CAI soft mounts break off? And if so , what did you use to replace them ? If you got factory replacments what was the part # and where did you order them from.
I've been tryin to get in touch with someone in AEM to get new ones but every number I call the tell me its the wrong one.
thanx for any help...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine are gettin there. I see em tearing.Not broken yet though,wish I could help ya.

·
Registered
126 Posts
mine broke off after 3 days, thread seperated from the rubber. I used a short peice of allthread & a rubber door stopper from homedepo cut down to match the old piece & a hole drilled through the center & a pair of washers. sounds silly but didn't want to wait for another one to show up. 5 months & it's still on there, so small it looks like the orig. almost!
<font color="red">those things break way too easy</font>
btw don't over tighten...& good luck!

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
Yeah mine broke after a few days too....i went back to the shop that I ordered it from and they had a few extras laying around, so they hooked me up...also my lower mounting bracket broke off after a few weeks too

·
Registered
205 Posts
at my local auto parts store i found some shock and endlink bushings.....A++

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I had the same problem when I got mine... but I picked mine up used and it had already toen and been repairedwith some epoxy from the previous owner. I went to an auto parts store and pick or some ruber door jam bushings and a 2mm X 2in long bolt and it worked perfect!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just off the phone with AEM (finally someone who knew what they are talking about) and he gave me the part #'s. Now to find a dealer that will order them for me.

just in case someone else needs them..

these are for non-SVT's
1 inch - 1228599
5/8 inch - 1228598

1 - 7 of 7 Posts