Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw this in a magazine so i went to check it out...not too shabby...

although the rear bumper is kinda funky, i kno it looks fine when painted, check out the civic si one on the page, it looks not bad when painted
-chris

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh i feel the same, everytime i look at it i get all ****eyed trying to see if there is another angle im not seeing that makes it look DECENT...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hmmm I like the rear...but that doesn't look anything close to an actual buddyclub2-why did they name it this?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like the way it looks but I have a freind who has a civic and we just insatalled the buddyclub kit, seems to me to be a cheap fiberglass, and very flimsy. My scorpion kit is alot thicker and stronger, but maybe its differant with the focus, Look into and see if it is layed fiberglass or a spray fiberglass. If it is a layed fiberglass it might be allright but the spray is very weak and flimsy. First time you scrape, that will be when you will need to buy a new bumper.
But it does look nice though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Stay away from Fiberglass. Nothing from horror stories.

I guarantee someone will say "YOu dont know what your talking about, a well done fiberglass kit is better than urethene"

Yes, however, do you really want an extremely heavy kit or do you want a kit that isnt too heavy and will still last?

Go with polyurethene kits. Im sure you can find the buddy club in poly, just have to look harder.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Stay away from Fiberglass. Nothing from horror stories.

I guarantee someone will say "YOu dont know what your talking about, a well done fiberglass kit is better than urethene"

Yes, however, do you really want an extremely heavy kit or do you want a kit that isnt too heavy and will still last?

Go with polyurethene kits. Im sure you can find the buddy club in poly, just have to look harder.

yes and it also *coughs* cracks *coughs*....

·
Registered
186 Posts
IT ONLY CRACKS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.

AND WEIGHT WISE, WHAT ARE WE TALKING MAYBE 10 LBS IF YOU ARE LUCKY.

I KNOW MY FIBERGLASS FRONT BUMPER IS THICK AND IS LIGHTER THAN THE STOCK BUMPER.

·
Registered
556 Posts
There are very few urethane kits for the focus- no buddyclub- I've looked...just the Kaminari, WW, or APC are the only ones I think worth looking at. Though if they made the evoIII in urethane I would have bought that...too bad, darn had to get the Reiger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.