Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ridden a Buell Blast? If so what do you think?

How reliable are Buells?

Are the Blasts a good beginners bike?

What would be a comparable bike?

If this is in the wrong forum just move it.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think Buell Blasts are a decent starter bike because most of the dealers have a buyback program for when you want to go bigger. I've heard they are decent [no great] but with something that small you probably wouldn't have it for too long anyway.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
buell is a subsidary of Harley Davidson... I hear those things got some balls.. plus there is a bit of aftermarket stuff for it I think...

Good starter bike, I'd rather opt for a ninja 250/500r thou. Easy bike to ride, cheapo insurance, dry weight is around ~350.

·
Registered
434 Posts
buell blasts are a really great starter bike, mainly because they are sooo small. They have the frame of a 250, but their engine is a what, 500/550? Just beware that there was some recall issues on the first couple years they were out. I haven't heard anything bad about the new ones, though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
oh yeah, all the important parts (well, the parts susceptable to damage, such as tank and turn signals) are made out of plastic. Can't dent the tank, and the turn signals are bendable.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
mmm unbreakable!!!!!

i have looked at a few blasts. looks like agreat starter bike. find one used figure out what your doin and if u want more. then get a bigger bike

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
My first bike will be a Blast. The Harley dealer has one year old ones that were used on the training course for $2800.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
The only thing I'd be careful about when buying a sportbike, especially if you're young, is the insurance. I was looking at a Honda CBR600F4 when I was 19, and it would have cost me more to insure the bike than it cost me to insure the Focus, so I took a pass on the bike and started looking at cruisers. Still haven't bought a bike yet, but being in college and having limited funds to work with, the car payment and such is priority over toys like a bike right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts