Ford Focus Forum banner

Building a F.I. Motor?

441 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  HotRodKougar 
#1 ·
8.6 to 1 Forged JE pistons with Total Seal gapless rings would be a great choice for a Forced Induction engine. Add to that the Eagle rods and you will have a strong bottom end. Now available at www.newedgeperformance.com.

Tony D
New Edge Performance

#4 ·
if youre going to go that far, you might as well buy the best and call up carillo and get the best rods, bolts, and call scat and get an awesome crank made up, hey... what the hell, just go aluminum block, aluminum head, and all titanium internals. you could run 2.1 bar all day long and never hurt a thing with that setup, ahhhhh, i want that setup...oh yeh, gotta get the cp custom pistons.

#5 ·
if youre going to go that far, you might as well buy the best and call up carillo and get the best rods, bolts, and call scat and get an awesome crank made up, hey... what the hell, just go aluminum block, aluminum head, and all titanium internals. you could run 2.1 bar all day long and never hurt a thing with that setup, ahhhhh, i want that setup...oh yeh, gotta get the cp custom pistons.
yeah thats a good setup, if youve got money fallin outta yer ass! personally im think the 8.6 je's, and the eagle h beams. it should hold up to well over 300hp. i just dont want f.i. on a stock zetec, too powdery for me.

#6 ·
it should hold up to well over 300hp. i just dont want f.i. on a stock zetec, too powdery for me.
Please remember that it's revs and/or detonation that kill the engine, not the boost (power output) itself. You can make 300hp on the stock shortblock if you don't overrev it, so unless you're shooting for 400-500hp, there isn't a whole lot of point to going all the way down to 8.6:1, and even then, that's probably more than necessary.

#7 ·
id rather be safley boosting than sorry and blown.

#8 ·
it should hold up to well over 300hp. i just dont want f.i. on a stock zetec, too powdery for me.
Please remember that it's revs and/or detonation that kill the engine, not the boost (power output) itself. You can make 300hp on the stock shortblock if you don't overrev it, so unless you're shooting for 400-500hp, there isn't a whole lot of point to going all the way down to 8.6:1, and even then, that's probably more than necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.