Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has installed a bulb in the reflector section of our tail lights. The part that is not used. I think it would look cool to have bulbs in their. Could anyone give me pics of theirs if they've done it and how exactly they did it? I think I've seen one person who did it and it looked nice! I was thinking maybe a red bulb in their would look good. Possibly a yellow bulbs. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I put a second bulb in the flat area between the tail bulb and the reverse area. I just drilled a hole the size of the bulb and used some 3157 bulb holders I saved from the junk yard. I wired them into my tails so they just work with them. I niteshaded my tails so dark I had to add a second bulb.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I didnt put the normal light bulbs in there,but I did install whelen Police strobes in there.The reflectivity wasnt the greatest.So I bought some more tailights and put them in beside the factory bulbs.Much brighter now that it is using a true reflector.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put a second bulb in the flat area between the tail bulb and the reverse area. I just drilled a hole the size of the bulb and used some 3157 bulb holders I saved from the junk yard. I wired them into my tails so they just work with them. I niteshaded my tails so dark I had to add a second bulb.
Okay I have 194 bulb holders sitting at home. How did you get them to stay in place? The bulb holders I mean. I know you can just drill a hole but don't you need to shape it correctly so that the holder will twist and lock into place? Basically the same concept as the OEM 3157 holders. Could you go a little more in depth on this?

I think 194 should be fine since it's a small area and it is a reflector. My Sable had 194 and it was pretty bright.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Okay I have 194 bulb holders sitting at home. How did you get them to stay in place? The bulb holders I mean. I know you can just drill a hole but don't you need to shape it correctly so that the holder will twist and lock into place? Basically the same concept as the OEM 3157 holders. Could you go a little more in depth on this?

I think 194 should be fine since it's a small area and it is a reflector. My Sable had 194 and it was pretty bright.
If you cant duct it.... [email protected]#% it!

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. Duct Tape. If it's good enough for an ARMY Camanche than it's good enough for a Focus. But seriously I'd like it to be secure and in place. I'd like to see pics if anyone has them. Please??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts