Ford Focus Forum banner

Bumper trim

464 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blownsvt 
#1 ·
Is anyone else having problems with the black trim piece on the bottom of the bumper? I'm having a problem where the trim tabs are popping out under the foglights and leaving a gap inbetween the black trim and the lower bumper.

#2 ·
Wow. You too? I thought I was the only one. I thought I hit something and that threw off the alignment with the bumper and plastic piece. Maybe not after your post. WIth mine...there is one plastic tab that does not like to stay in. Its in the corner on the drive side...right under the fog light as you described. I really dont know what could be done to fix this either. Any ideas out there?

#3 ·
Nah, most of us probably have that problem occasionally. I do, only it tends to be my passenger side. I'll probably just yank it off and put a Kaminari lip on in the spring.

#4 ·
Well, theres a fix. You say that it does it on occasion. Do you just notice it on occasion, because everytime after I push mine back a day later it is off again. Any way you could post a link to the lip you speak of?

#5 ·
There is a problem with that lip all together. Because it's so low to the ground, the material needed to be very bendable so it didn't break if someone ran it into the curb.

There is 2 things I'd do.

1) Get under the valance and make sure it's wedged into the bumper. There are 2 locations where there is like a little flat blade sticking out that you can slide the valance into. Make sure it's tucked into there and then clip the valance up.

2) Grab yourself some of the 3M double sided sticky tape and slap it between the bumper and valance. You shouldn't have any issues with it afterwards. I'd sand the valance down where you're going to apply the tape tho, as the material isn't the easiest to get anything to stick to.

Unfortunatly this is going to be a prob with most of the valances because of the material used. It doesn't have the memory of most plastics therefore is going to sag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.