Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
On another note, I personally know people that want to put hitches on their ST (i know i know) , for their bikes because they don't want a roof rack. The set up with a turn down you have currently, could be their solution. Dunno if many would buy it, but you could definitely offer it as an option.

On my way home from work yesterday, i drove past Hitch House USA, and there was a blue ST ( don't know who it was), and they were under it taking measurements i believe. So that may be a smart idea if you guys are up for that.

Hitches are like Frank's Red Hot... people put that **** on EVERYTHING!

Haha thats the first thing that popped in my head reading that.

Thanks for the input, noted.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hitches are like Frank's Red Hot... people put that **** on EVERYTHING!

Haha thats the first thing that popped in my head reading that.

Thanks for the input, noted.
just saying ive heard many people including Kyle above not wanting a roof rack.

Just like the first SRT Jeep , people complained cause they couldn't tow. Now the SRT Jeep has a hitch haha.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'm not going to start out arguing on these forums but will point out some facts.

Two guys in here, (JakeBrewer Jwhalen07) one building exhausts and wanting to sell them and the other one a customer of his. I'm sure the two of you have built more exhausts than we have in the 23 years I've been doing this, let's see that would put you guys at over 10,000 units..........so you can both leave and take your comments with you.

For the two of you, the EVO, that's a bad ass fast four door with a FWD engine mount configuration, in case you aren't aware of the car and layout, well we build exhausts for those. There was a car called a DSM too, same layout, we build exhaust for those too. When we started doing those cars we also used a flex section in the exhaust, because the OEM did. Then we had failure after failure of the flex sections. I made the choice over 10 years ago to eliminate the flex sections and do you know how many failures we've seen since then? NONE. So that case is closed now and you guys can go about trying to promote your product elsewhere, maybe your own thread would be a good place for that..
Sorry I can't help but respond.

I don't know what PM's were involved but I honestly was trying to offer insight to help. If you do not want to accept it then fine, I truely hope your turbo holds up.

I apologize that I don't own a badass fast EVO so therefore obviously lack credibility, what with my slow Focus and all. But I do have experience with the Focus platform which is still very similar to the cars produced in 2000, which is something you lack. More importantly in this thread, I live in a location where most people are employed in some way in a position related automotive manufacturing, and through that, I have insight into why Ford designed the downpipe the way they did.

Also from my experience with my downpipe was attempting to help with the little wear info I've gained from that.

Was not trying to sell anything, I was simply attempting to help.

Thankfully you posted the way you did giving me insight into how you treat possible customers. Which is why I cancelled my order with you today. Sure it was just an air filter, but you've now lost all possible sales from me down the road.

I know how big you guys are with DSM's and was real excited to see what you could bring to our community. As of right now I'm feeling a holie-than-though type of attitude and complete lack of openess for a shop that has no experience with this platform, and its really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also you keep bringing up the Evo and DSM's, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those have 2 torque mounts, which I would think would eliminate movement better than 1, allowing for the lack of a flex?

·
I
13,302 Posts
I REALLY like the stock tip. I think a lot of others do as well and if you could near duplicate that or offer it as an added-cost option, that would give you the market on that. It seems no other manufacturers are up to the task.

·
Registered
273 Posts
not saying DSM and EVO's don't benefit from not having a flex. But as Jake said, he has had his on for 3500+ miles, just a few days after taking delivery of the car.
I've had them brake on other FWD cars than my junk DSM. ;)

Seriously didn't mean for it to get like this. 7whp and 7 wtq is decent gains for a stock car. Wait until the we get a better bolt on turbo and can start making more power. The downpipe starts to get more important.
I should harass Rob and, see if he plans on making turbos that will go into the stock manifold.

Also, we added a wide band sensor for the dyno right into the rear of the exhaust, you can see it. Make it easier for the dyno work without a tail pipe sniffer.
I was going to say, why the eff did they put a sensor way back there?!

Sorry I can't help but respond.

I don't know what PM's were involved but I honestly was trying to offer insight to help. If you do not want to accept it then fine, I truely hope your turbo holds up.

I apologize that I don't own a badass fast EVO so therefore obviously lack credibility, what with my slow Focus and all. But I do have experience with the Focus platform which is still very similar to the cars produced in 2000, which is something you lack. More importantly in this thread, I live in a location where most people are employed in some way in a position related automotive manufacturing, and through that, I have insight into why Ford designed the downpipe the way they did.

Also from my experience with my downpipe was attempting to help with the little wear info I've gained from that.

Was not trying to sell anything, I was simply attempting to help.

Thankfully you posted the way you did giving me insight into how you treat possible customers. Which is why I cancelled my order with you today. Sure it was just an air filter, but you've now lost all possible sales from me down the road.

I know how big you guys are with DSM's and was real excited to see what you could bring to our community. As of right now I'm feeling a holie-than-though type of attitude and complete lack of openess for a shop that has no experience with this platform, and its really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also you keep bringing up the Evo and DSM's, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those have 2 torque mounts, which I would think would eliminate movement better than 1, allowing for the lack of a flex?
One would think but no, they still move around a bunch. One could blame it on the north south bar being isolated with rubber bushings on top of, rubber mounts though out the engine mounting locations.

I wont run my car at the Shootout due, to his stance on not showing my ET. But, I go because he puts on a good event. Just like many others have a bad taste in their mouths from Dave but, realize that he can not be beat in many areas and, will not accept anything less.

I have a feeling that, you will see more development for this platform from Buschur than you will anyone else in the near future.

To be fair, I did ask two questions. :)
Heat is what makes a turbo work, remove the heat and, remove the fun. It sound like, you are looking more into a blanket and wrapping than an down pipe.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I didn't ask the question right because I know heat makes it all go round. I meant more along the lines of what I have read from other people and companies dyno testing and saying that as soon as everything gets hot, the HP goes down... A lot. So I'm asking more for in the reference of trying to get a sense of making everything more efficient so the overall heat or temp stays lower so that we can have the HP for longer instead of the system pulling it all due to excessive temps.

Hope I explained it better.

I've been racing focuses for 10 years now so I have a little bit of knowledge but when I try to transfer a question to a forum it usually fails. Lol. Which in turn is usually why I just read.

And last. I remember a long time ago Turbo Tom. Anyone remember him on ( FJ )Anybody who remembers him get the same feeling out of this thread?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I didn't ask the question right because I know heat makes it all go round. I meant more along the lines of what I have read from other people and companies dyno testing and saying that as soon as everything gets hot, the HP goes down... A lot. So I'm asking more for in the reference of trying to get a sense of making everything more efficient so the overall heat or temp stays lower so that we can have the HP for longer instead of the system pulling it all due to excessive temps.

Hope I explained it better.

I've been racing focuses for 10 years now so I have a little bit of knowledge but when I try to transfer a question to a forum it usually fails. Lol. Which in turn is usually why I just read.

And last. I remember a long time ago Turbo Tom. Anyone remember him on ( FJ )Anybody who remembers him get the same feeling out of this thread?
For what you were trying to ask, wrap the down pipe/whole exhaust and, if the exhaust housing is stainless, use a blanket. If/when tubular manifolds come out, wrap it as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jeez I said I didnt like the tip, personal opinion and essentially got a take a hike from buschur if you dont like it...I do not like the look so I will go with another company. You say it can be changed but then say you like the look. Cool YOU like the look but most people in this thread dont, just saying you have to appeal to your customers. Do you want to be right or sell product?

Dual rounds look 10000x better IMO...again IMO. Some people like the look of the stock tip, which I think is what you were going for and that would be fine if it actually filled the stock exhaust spot. What about an insert that fills in the rest of the gap?

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
I appreciate the heated debated, nothing wrong with that. But, let's keep things in check please. I'm happy that Buschur has decided to enter the Focus market. I bet the the Evo community can be pretty harsh, so I'm sure they can handle it. ;)

A company has every right to make what they want. Then, people can choose to buy it or not. Either enough people will buy it and they'll stay in business, or they'll make changes based on feedback… and repeat. But again, it's their business. I always say "vote with your wallet". It's very early on in all of this ST development.

So, let's keep the debates going, but I don't want to see things get out of hand. ALL of the FJ sponsors help keep this site up and running… and free for users. Please acknowledge and respect that at the very least.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Something to say about a sponsor respecting the users and possible current/future customers as well.

I remember a long time ago Turbo Tom. Anyone remember him on ( FJ )Anybody who remembers him get the same feeling out of this thread?
YUP, I've never seen him on FJ but hes part of the reason I don't go on FF at all.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
I'm not going tell people how to run their businesses here on FJ. As mentioned, people will buy, or not buy, based on their own set of criteria. If anyone, sponsor OR member, goes over a line… then we'll step in accordingly.

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I didn't tell anyone to take a hike, I said, this is what we are going to offer for now, if it's not for someone then there will be other offerings they can go with from other companies. You guys are all pretty thin skinned it seems.

Jarrod had twin 4" tips behind the car today, yes, it looks great, yes, it's a BITCH to build and adds probably $200 extra to the cost of the catback. So offering twin tips and doing them right is never cheap and when selling parts I've learned you have to keep the costs down to sell them, so I can produce a catback for let's guess $400 with the single tip or $600 with duals........I'll take the single, especially since I like it.

I'd like to post a notice now. I am a dead honest person. I am not a push over, I do not think the customer is always right and do not run my business like that. If someone is wrong, they are wrong, I don't care how much they are spending. If you come at me, I strike back, again I don't care how much you are spending. I treat people the way they treat me, so if you tell me my product sucks, yes, I am going to get on the defense when I know it doesn't. If you want to be treated fairly, sold products that work at a reosonable price, never be lied to or sold something that doesn't work.........well then we are that company. If you want your hand held and ass kissed, we will never be that company, ever. Like I said earlier, I am a racer and enthusiast first, business doesn't even come second to me. Integrity and honesty are at the top. I do this stuff because I love it, if I didn't like the ST I wouldn't have bought it and I wouldn't be making parts for it. I guess I'm modifying the car for myself and if you guys like what I'm doing then you can buy the parts, if not then as I said, there are other companies out there I am sure.

I also have to pay bills so if the tip or anything else we do is a flop, well then it can be changed. I've changed plenty of initial designs over the years from either flaws or input. Let's see what happens first and go from there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This doesn't remind me of Tom at all. I have had a few pissing matches with him over on FF. The difference is, he is a complete and total idiot and will not take anyone else's input. I've been in the DSM world for a few years now and can say that Buscher is the epitome of badass car modifications. And, from the looks of it, they take other people's input when it is necessary.

They just designed a full turboback for a car that hasn't been out maybe a month or two. Show a little appreciation that they're coming into the focus community to share their expertise and products.

And anytime a company stands up for themselves and doesn't bow to haters or people bitching about everything, that makes me like them even more. Even if they don't make parts for my focus... :(

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Good to know you're thicked skinned David. Now I wont feel bad about not being all politically correct.

You're turbo is going to fail and I can't wait to tell you I told you so. I tried to help, but you can **** off... I'm waiting.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
This doesn't remind me of Tom at all. I have had a few pissing matches with him over on FF. The difference is, he is a complete and total idiot and will not take anyone else's input. I've been in the DSM world for a few years now and can say that Buscher is the epitome of badass car modifications. And, from the looks of it, they take other people's input when it is necessary.

They just designed a full turboback for a car that hasn't been out maybe a month or two. Show a little appreciation that they're coming into the focus community to share their expertise and products.

And anytime a company stands up for themselves and doesn't bow to haters or people bitching about everything, that makes me like them even more. Even if they don't make parts for my focus... :(

Tom isn't a know it all, who truely doesnt know what he's talking about?

My turboback has been on my car since September 15th, theirs came out, yesterday? There are multiple downpipes out now, and even have been dynoed at more than 7 ****ty horsepower.

They didn't stand up to haters, they blatantly disrespected people who have inside information on a product they have very little info on, who were trying to help them before it was too late.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
I'm not taking sides here. But, how about we let companies make their products they way they want to make them? Then, let the chips fall where they may?

Or, on the flip side, those who think they can do better, SHOULD give it a shot. That's the beauty of competition. :thumbup: And let the market decide. How can having more tuners show up in the Focus market be a bad thing? If someone seriously goes down the wrong road on their development, I think that will eventually come to light.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
200 for 4 inch tips? Wtf. We don't need titanium NASA grade tips. You can go buy two great tips from any auto zone for less than 50 dollars. But if you wanna make an exhaust with that ugly single tip, go for it. Good luck paying your "bills"

41 - 60 of 96 Posts