Ford Focus Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Jordan, you messed up.

You cannot buy two great tips from autozone for less than 50 dollars.

You cannot buy great tips from autozone.

·
I
13,302 Posts
200 for 4 inch tips? Wtf. We don't need titanium NASA grade tips. You can go buy two great tips from any auto zone for less than 50 dollars. But if you wanna make an exhaust with that ugly single tip, go for it. Good luck paying your "bills"
It seems like you're just looking for any and every way to beat these guys down. Like Ron said, let them make their product and if it doesn't sell, they're smart guys. They've been doing this longer than a lot of sponsors here. They'll figure it out.

Comparing a quality, fabricated product to something you get at Autozone is also ridiculous. Why not just get a section of crush-bent pipe, straights and U-bolts and make your own exhaust? Would be a lot cheaper than what these guys are offering.

If you don't have something constructive to add (we're all adults here), then please stop berating them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In regards to my responses about the tip, it wasnt meant as a shot or you should listen to what I say. I said the tip doesnt look right imo, which others also said. I think its awesome for any company to take interest in the cars im interested in. Like I said, Im going to vote with my wallet. The tip doesnt fit the opening so I wont be buying this exhaust. However Im not buying exhaust yet, so I will keep watching and waiting to see what inovative stuff comes out. A big part of me gives you props for not doing dual rounds and being different. Its just from the pics it doesnt look very good, again IMO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its the exhaust tip plus fabrication and placement/Jig work. From a fabricators stand point it is understandable.

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The difference between OUR dyno work and others who have higher claims, many times, is we tell the truth.

I said an additional $200 as a guess for twin tips. Our tips aren't chromed China built crap. They are 304 grade SS and in order to put two of them together also requires substantial time in making a transition to go from two tips into one single pipe and do it in a confined space under the back of the car.

BTW, my address is 24 W. Main St., Wakeman, Ohio 44889. I'm here in person from 9-3:30 Mon-Fri., I'm not going to sit here and argue with some key board warriors, I'm more than willing to have you stop by and talk big in person though, anytime.

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
I actually like the tip. I think it fits with the cut out in the bumper nicely. A round or oval tip wouldn't flow with the lines of the bumper.

But what do I know. :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
And last. I remember a long time ago Turbo Tom. Anyone remember him on ( FJ )Anybody who remembers him get the same feeling out of this thread?

Their tact on a forum? Perhaps. Their reputation to produce quality parts? Couldn't be further apart.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The difference between OUR dyno work and others who have higher claims, many times, is we tell the truth.
Perhaps your dyno as well? I know you guys use a Mustang dyno.

FYI, here are the comparable dyno pulls from the various vendors:

FSWerks: stock 226/269
COBB: stock 234/281
Buschur: stock 223/231

·
Registered
273 Posts
Perhaps your dyno as well? I know you guys use a Mustang dyno.

FYI, here are the comparable dyno pulls from the various vendors:

FSWerks: stock 226/269
COBB: stock 234/281
Buschur: stock 223/231
You also need to look at the type of dyno used and, location of the shops. You can take any of the 4 cars in question and, put them on each of the dynos and get a different result. Further more, take any of those cars to the dyno I use and, all 4 will make less than what each shop made on their dyno. A few locals have gone from the dyno I use to, Buschur, AMS and Pure all, with different results that were, very expected.

In the grand scheme of things, all those numbers are very comparable when you consider the variables that come with using dyno numbers as a sales tool.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go to Buschur's with a 1000hp Monster and it will put down 800hp. His Dyno always reads low but its weird that only torque is 38 less and HP is 3 less.

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
I've gotten into the habit of ignoring dyno numbers and paying more attention to the AFR. If it drives fun and runs safely without being tuned within an inch of detonation, then its a job well done. The other positive aspect of it seeing how parts improve the performance while staying efficient; the cost of the part vs improvement ratio. Other than that, HP/TQ numbers are all just walking info, especially if you have no idea what to do with it and lets face it....a lot of people really don't.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The reason his is less is because it's a mustang dyno, not a dynojet, so it puts down real numbers, not fake dynojet ****.

*not bashing fswerks...randy is the ***** lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fake numbers vs real numbers lol... You just said it yourself... Numbers. It is a tool used to show gains and losses. Who cares what the numbers actually are.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Fake numbers vs real numbers lol... You just said it yourself... Numbers. It is a tool used to show gains and losses. Who cares what the numbers actually are.
Agreed. Too many factors and too many variables. I remember when I had my S4 and PES came out with a supercharger for it. They had a dyno showing some great numbers but when customers who bought it took their car to the track ( 1/4 mile ), they were consistently slower than the guys who just had bolt ons.

Dyno's numbers aren't the end all answer, they are just a part of the overall equation.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Agreed. Just cause a car puts out more power doesn't mean it'll be faster on the street or track. You can gain peak power and actually accelerate slower. I let my 1/4 mile times reflect my mods.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts