Ford Focus Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The dyno is absolutely a tuning tool only. Our dyno is factory calibrated, has been since we installed this one in 2005. I do not mess with the numbers, which is easily done on a Mustang Dyno, very easy. I could easily make this Focus ST make 800 whp on our dyno, just change a few numbers. I refuse to do it. It was a large dilemna back in 2005, the numbers were SO low compared to our Dynojet we sold that people told me if I didn't change how it read nobody would come to us. Well they were wrong and in the EVO world now it's funny to see our dyno used as a standard to compare numbers with other people.

The numbers are not important, the performance is. My EVO for example made right at 680 whp when it ran 9.04 at 159.64 mph, there are full blown drag EVO's with 1,000+ whp that can't match those times and MPH.

We also do multiple runs with our car to come up with a baseline number. It's very easy to sort through a few runs, pick your crappiest run for the baseline and use it to build on. Makes advertising your gains easier, we do not do that. We pick an average of the runs. We also try our absolute hardest to always dyno our parts on the same day for comparisons so there is no weather factors, fuel factors etc. that can change the results.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
200 for 4 inch tips? Wtf. We don't need titanium NASA grade tips. You can go buy two great tips from any auto zone for less than 50 dollars. But if you wanna make an exhaust with that ugly single tip, go for it. Good luck paying your "bills"
Up here in the rust belt, you can NOT. But you CAN get them for less than 200.

This has me very interested, and I will be watching just for fun.

·
Registered
934 Posts
We've been very busy with many thing here at the shop including the ST. A little while ago we posted some photos and video of our ST catback and our downpipe. We've since then made a couple of changes and also added another tip option.

Below you will see some updated photos of the downpipe & catback.

Pricing and official release will be VERRRRRY soon!

Buschur Racing 3" to 2 1/2" stainless steel downpipe w/ flex:

Buschur Racing 2 1/2" ST Catback exhaust w/ interchangeable tips: (pictured with oval tip in post #1)

Dual 3 1/2" tips:

http://forums.focaljet.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=341

The sound of the exhaust components will remain the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uWSMASLbflQ

Thank you for looking, keep an eye out for the official release!

·
Bacne..
2,690 Posts
Made it to page 4 ...

Pretty ****ty that the admin of the site ****s on the money sponsors spend to have their own section to promote their products.
Debate of products should be done elsewhere.

I know if I where to spend money to ADVERTISE, I wouldn't want a bunch of keyboard worriers with zero first hand knowledge or fab skills telling me how to build parts.

I live near car people, so I know why they do what they do ... classic. LMFAO

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Made it to page 4 ...

Pretty ****ty that the admin of the site ****s on the money sponsors spend to have their own section to promote their products.
Debate of products should be done elsewhere.

I know if I where to spend money to ADVERTISE, I wouldn't want a bunch of keyboard worriers with zero first hand knowledge or fab skills telling me how to build parts.

I live near car people, so I know why they do what they do ... classic. LMFAO
http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php?p=7951102

They've updated their designs, check em out.

- Drew

·
Registered
883 Posts
Loving the dual exhaust tips!!! Looks great! Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I didnt think the single tipped looked bad but the dual tips do look better back there. Wish I had an ST, lots of nice looking stuff out there being made for them. I cant believe i read all the way through this thread, it was tough!

If I ever get a car you guys make parts for, I'd definitely stop buy the shop to buy them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The HFC, I guess maybe I have to explain it again. RUNNING NO CAT gave gains of 7whp/7ft lb peak, those are small gains for a fairly high cost and substantial increase in noise. I said we could offer a high flow cat but I'd feel like I was stealing someone's money selling it based on having NO cat only increasing power by 7/7.

As for the tips, some are gonna like it and some are not, that's what I said. I can't please everyone, been trying for 23 years and everyone has different taste. If this system proves to be a dud in sales we will either make it differently, offer options or maybe just dump the car and build Kia's. hahaha
Doesn't an aftermarket DP offer a chance to add an additional O2 sensor bung for adding a wideband sensor? That could be a reason to want a part that isn't going to improve power much on its own. Also, you do a 3 to 2.5. What if the DP was 3 to 3 and then fed a full 3" exhaust?

Cause I'm a little confused. Other shops are claiming 20HP gains from JUST their SCT tune. Your system, from CAI through to the (quite tacky) exhaust tip eeks out 24. Granted, you have paper trail to prove it, but it does kind of beg the question, WTF for? If almost everything is in the tune, we could just commit hari-kari and saw off our lovely stock tips and weld on your Miami Vice thingie and be in about the same spot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dovecom, you have to realize that not all companies and shops use the same dyno. Buschur uses a mustang dyno, which generally reads 11-12% lower than a dynojet. Just saying...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I realize there are different dynos. But they are tools designed for measuring power. When set up correctly, they should match all the rest of the same kind (ie all Mustang). The car's performance could vary with weather, altitude, but the dynos should all be the same. It seems like a lot of change to net so few ponies. Surely there are 30 or more there without having to do much more?

·
I
13,302 Posts
I realize there are different dynos. But they are tools designed for measuring power. When set up correctly, they should match all the rest of the same kind (ie all Mustang). The car's performance could vary with weather, altitude, but the dynos should all be the same. It seems like a lot of change to net so few ponies. Surely there are 30 or more there without having to do much more?
Nah, even with correction they are still off. A dyno is good for measuring changes on the same car, same dyno, in similar conditions. It really doesn't provide value outside of that. In a perfect world, sure. In real life, overall power numbers are meaningless unless using them for tracking changes.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts