Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little lady friend is buying a car. Would like to know what kind of experience any of you have had with buying a car over the net.

Who did you go through?
Would you do it again?
What would you do differently?
How did you finance?

Any other comments welcome.

She is getting a tdi bug...Dark gray...mmmmm upsolute!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The closest I've come to buying a car online is checking web sites of local dealers to see what they have in stock and if they have any "internet" specials (which saved my wife a bunch of money when she bought her latest car). I just can't imagine buying a car without test driving it. You may know the brand and the model, but not all cars drive the same if you know what I mean. I also think its generally a good idea to get it from a local dealer since you'll usually get better service if something happens.
Just my $.02 of course.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i bought my car online...well kinda. i found it online and then went to check it out...even though it was a 2 and half hour drive. i thought $5900 for an 01' focus with 7000 miles was too good but i have had it over 6 months and not a single problem. i dont know if i would have bought it without going to check it out though

·
Registered
267 Posts
My parents bought their Expedition online. They did all the transactions over email and the prices are actually cheaper going through the dealership's online sale. The dealership was only 20 miles, so we did go look at it and test drove, but going through online and haggling a little at the dealer, it was by far one of the best ways to buy the vehicle. They said, it's easier on the consumer and dealer... Basically come test drive and sign the paper work.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've purchased a car through the internet department of a dealership before. I told them what I wanted and how much I would pay. Get back to me when we have a deal. I was able to schedule a test drive with them (not the salesmen). It was a very good experience.

I do know someone who used one of those "services" and, they liked it. I thought they overpaid but, that is just me. Those services seem a bit shady.

I would send an email to ALL VW dealers within a pre-determined distance from your home. Tell them your specifications and price demands and do business with the 1st person to agree to your terms. I think I will buy all my future vehicles in this way. It's the shotgun approach.

Bill G

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
my uncle bought his 02 maxima off the internet, if no one helps you soon, ill hit him up and see where he got started. He loved the experience tho.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know, I have been on the jet for a while now and I just have to say that you guys are pretty solid. Thanks for the help and the advice. I hope ford comes out with a turbo focus so I can keep coming here for fantastic info. I buy each of you a fictitious beer.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I bought both of my Foci on line ... so to speak. I did my research on line and found what I wanted, then I was contacted by local dealers who specialize in online sales. One was found locally and the other had to be brought in from another location. All-in-all it was a good experience, I did my negociating on line and basically went to the dealership to do a road tese then sign the paperwork. Both were financed through Ford Finance at competitive rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts