Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I dont know if this belongs here, this is the best place I could think of to get a response.

Second, my warranty is going to expire in February and I was curious if it would be a good idea to buy another warranty, a 3 year one cost around 2000 i think, i figure since im still paying on it i should have one but my bank wont pay for it. or should i just forget it and use the money on buying parts for my car?

thanks for your assistance,

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bought mine used and bought the extended warranty and with a Ford I would always buy the warranty. It saved me from $3,000 in transmission work when my MTX blew up 1500 miles before the warranty expired. With the number of recalls and what have you our cars, sadly true, seem to be fairly problematic. If you can spend the money I think it's worth it especially if its the Ford Extended Service Plan, it covers just about everything that other warranties don't always cover. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Wrong forum. But I will answer this one. I bought mine from Ford ESP. I opted for the 5years/60,000 mile one and this is going to cost me: $856.00. Ford ESP is going to let me make payments for 18 months @ $46.50 amonth.

Ford ESP

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure but $2K sounds too high. My extended warranty that covers both mechanical, interior (2nd from the top of the line extended warranty) cost me $1K. It covers up to 5 yrs/100K. I added this when I bought the car so it may be cheaper. Of course I bargained a lot to get that price.

=dRe=

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.