Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks I have an odd one and it's driving me nuts. Here it is:

I'm getting an odd buzzing sound out of my exhaust, not a buzzing sound like you hear from many honda's etc. My exhaust is very throaty, but there's this odd buzz coming out of the tail pipe during acceleration. At first I thoight it may be something loose in the muffler like a loose baffle. So I swapped cat-backs with my other Focus and the noise is still there. so then I thought it may be in the after market flex pipe, so I reinstalled my stock one and .... noise is still there. The only thing I haven't replaced is the header. I've been over the exhaust with a fine tooth comb and there are absolutely no leaks. My exhaust consists of:

FC race header
FS Flex pipe
Magnaflow cat back (w/additional resonator)

When I first installed this system all was well and it didn't have this sound, but it showed up after about a week and now I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any ideas?

OK, I just reinstalled the aftermarket flex pipe and drove the car. The buzzing occurs around the 2500 - 2800 RPM range.

[ 10-23-2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: dan-d ]

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd be willing to bet money that it is the race header...i'm sure i can get many others to agree. It comes with the territory of having a race header.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
papasmurfZX3: I would tend to beleive that too, but I know of others who have the same basic setup as I do and they're not experiencing the noise. As a matter of fact one of the guys in our area has the exact setup as I do right down to the same additional resonator. Oh well, maybe that's just something I'll have to live with.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is interesting. I had the same buzzing with my Bosal/street header/ORP combo. It may indeed be something that you have to live with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts