Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got my AEM CAI intalled yesterday and i bought a By pass w/it, so i won't be worried about hydrolocking, I couldn't fit the By pass where the 2 intake's parts meet. Where do usually people locate the by pass?

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
you have to cut the tube, you should put it up in the engine bay near the battery

·
Registered
209 Posts
u have the measure i think it is 2 1/4in from the bend but best bet is to call autometer and ask them they will tell u the exact spot to cut

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts
u have the measure i think it is 2 1/4in from the bend but best bet is to call autometer and ask them they will tell u the exact spot to cut
Autometer? Why would Autometer be able to help with an AEM intake question? Maybe you miss typed Tommy...

-Nick

·
Registered
209 Posts
didnt even notice i was looking at autometer site when i wrote that

·
Registered
39 Posts
You seriously have to CUT your shiney new intake?

That sux. I am buying an AEM CAI with the bypass.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just what i thought! I'll try to contact AEM, to get that info. THanks guys!

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
b/c of the the placement of hte coupler for the two pipes, it being directly under the battery...

when teh motor torques the bypass valve smashes up against the battery and breaks after a few times.

the reason you cut it is to avoid such problems later down the road.

it actually specifically says NOT to use a bypass valve to connect a 2 piece AEM together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just what i thought! I'll try to contact AEM, to get that info. THanks guys!
Let us know what they say, I am getting an intake in like 2 weeks and it is down to:

AEM CAI
Volant /Ram Scoop
/FS CAI

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
b/c of the the placement of hte coupler for the two pipes, it being directly under the battery...

when teh motor torques the bypass valve smashes up against the battery and breaks after a few times.

the reason you cut it is to avoid such problems later down the road.

it actually specifically says NOT to use a bypass valve to connect a 2 piece AEM together.
I bought my CAI used, so it did not have any instructions
... Thanks any way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts