Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, i once owned an 01 zx3, but i made the decision to get rid of it. i will miss the looks of the car and the comfort, but not the performance, the build quality, and constant worrying. I can honestly say that I did not have very good luck with my focus and will no longer recommend ANY ford product ever again. having the car in the shop just weeks after my purchase having parts replaced was not cool.

I recently purchased the truck i always loved (2k jeep cherokee limited) with less milage then my 01 focus and i must say, i do not regret it. Yeah, my gas milage is not as good, but i have passing power, awesome acceleration, leather, variable wipers (YES!), and more room for a my system.

Adios focal jet and adios Ford

·
Registered
49 Posts
dude you are worrying about problems with your focus? you just bought a rea piece. those things are driving nightmares. you should have stuck with the focus. oh yea u will regret it

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Ahhh....don't listen to him. Enjoy the jeep. I assume if it is a Cherokee it is the 4.0? If it is it will keep going absolutely forever. I have seen a whole lot of them up near the 300,000 mile mark and still ticking. Its a loud motor and a little outdated but makes decent power and is just about indestructible. I love my Focus but if you wanted out of yours you definitely did the right thing. Why live life unhappy? Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for a truck that had a 24 year run, i don't think they are crap. Most people i know that have them have over 150k on them and they still go. Yes, it is a 4.0. the engine really is not that loud...but its LEV and i average 18/25 with that truck...thats pretty darn good i would say.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm a big fan of the inline 4.0. My friend has a wrangler with the 4.0 and its such a torquey engine. It also sounds sweet with an exhaust system. Did you get a manual or auto?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
So you didn't like your Focus because of the reliability, quality, and mechanical issues with it???

Why did you buy a Chrysler then

enjoy your truck though I guess

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
indeed, the engine has a sick amount of tourque, it just takes off. there have been chryslers in my fam since i can remember - monaco, 2 neons, town and country, now my cherokee and my mom's liberty(which i do not like). none of them were in the shop as much as my 2 year old focus was...so i do not think that fords are built to last. well, this is my last post..take care all~!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts