Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I have lost a friend. The one item I called mine. More like I belonged to it.
This was my second focus and my best.
Just 2 hours before this happened I finished what I considered it to be perfect, removing the badges on the rear. The simple things pleased me. The painted dash and reverse indiglos. The tinted windows I got to keep the sun out of my boy’s eyes when we went for a ride.
I didn’t have a turbo or a super charger, 20 inch dubs or mad graphics, body kits or a kickn sound system. But what I had was mine, the way I wanted it. And it was wrongly taken from me in an instant, by a 21 year old kid driving a 5ton dump truck while it was innocently parked.
I know it’s silly to some people to get attached to something that is just a mean of transportation, but here on FJ I know most of you understand or even relate.
I’m a 31-year-old man with a family, job, mortgage and a hobby. And some one took my hobby away. More like a friend.
Its not only loosing a car that I am upset about, I also owe more then what its worth, about 3 grand more. That’s the stinger.
So consider this my eulogy.
the insurance adjuster came today and totaled it. he's gunna give me an estimate tommorow, and im gunna have my body shop take a look at it. id rather not have it totaled. i only have 2 years left to pay for it and its been great.
Here are some pics

FRAME DAMAGE?

2002 FORD FOCUS ZX5 36800 MILES
MODS
fc udps 2 piece
ice man cold air intake (blue)
k&n
magna flow cat back
svt suspension
end link and sway bar bushings
painted dash reverse indiglos
blaupunkt HU and pioneers all round
HID's bridgestone g009's (only 1500 miles on them)
deflectors- tint
carcept 3 piece wing ( just installed 6 days ago!!!)
and alot of elbow grease.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was at work showing a customer a car when a co worker calls me and says "come to your car NOW!" me thinking he was joking said why " its creamed"
"yeah right what ever pal"
"GET HERE NOW!!!"
and this is what i see.
a driver who is 22 years old opporating a 20 thousand plus pound chevy C5500 dump truck got out of it and left it in gear for it to roll into my car pushing it into 2 other about 10 feet.
NOW i had just finnished the car to what i wanted it to be. i just tinted the windows and put my wing on. got it detailed and removed the badges. the is what i saw when i got out to the parking lot.
late i found out through a witness he WAS behind the wheel and lied to the cops about it.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
holy crap. he ruined BOTH quarter panels, BOTH front doors, and god knows how much else. good lord he did a number on that thing.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts

I'm sorry man. I know how you feel because I would feel the same way if it happened to me.

Since every panel is damaged, I don't think it would be feasible to repair the car.

Maybe you should take the insurance money, try and pay off the rest of your loan and then buy this

It's not the same, but it would be a nice starting point....

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Well the insurance will pay the value of it. If not you can take them to court and have them REPLACE it.... Which is cheaper to them? Pay out a littl extra or buy you a new 15,000 dollar car plus laywer fees on both sides.... Just be sure you let them know they might have to talk to a lawyer if you're not satisfied.
Plus you could buy it back and go nutso with paint/body/mods....

good luck
-bix

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
SUE THE EVER LIVING [censored] OUT OF THAT COMPANY.

Negligence has never been so apparent.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
sorry to see that hope it all works out in the end. hopefully you come out of it better than before.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
yea im w/ todd on this one especially since the kid lied about the situation too. but i hope everything works out for ya and be glad it was just ur car.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yep you hit it right on the button that company should pay for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G Period.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts

Many of these companies would rather kick out a cash deal than have all the insurance crap. Some of them carry deductables so high that a minor (not to you, but financially speaking) incidents like this, they would rather just pay it off to make it go away.

I would say push this one. You might just come out on top of things.

·
Banned
2,115 Posts

Many of these companies would rather kick out a cash deal than have all the insurance crap. Some of them carry deductables so high that a minor (not to you, but financially speaking) incidents like this, they would rather just pay it off to make it go away.

I would say push this one. You might just come out on top of things.
Do I smell a lawsuit? Im with them sue the fools, make them pay for your car. I have the same feelings as you it may not be trick but its my baby and if some one took it away from me there gunna either die or have to pay out there dirty buthole for it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the support and advice everyone. im not lettn this guy get away with it.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
It'll buff right out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well the estimate cam back at $5900 in damage.
can you frikn believe that!!! they said they wont total it at that cost, but if they open her up and find more stuff then it might be.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
don't have a stealership do it...well wait, sounds like you work for one, maybe let them? But don't pay MSRP on parts, and feel free to spend the extra money (and there will be extra) on goodies that you may want, whether it's z3 fenders (blech) or that tantalizing suggestion of RS widebody fenders.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts