Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Think about Ted Williams' unmatched feat from 1941 -- his batting average."

GM's Cowger said about the regular C6 Vette.

It is most likely getting the LS6, that is currently in the Z06 and Caddy CTS-V. The new Z06 (or whatever it is called) is to get a 500HP (or so) 6.0L LS2. CTS-V should also get the LS2, at the same time, or shortly after.

Ford GT > LS2 Z06 though

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
"Think about Ted Williams' unmatched feat from 1941 -- his batting average."

GM's Cowger said about the regular C6 Vette.

It is most likely getting the LS6, that is currently in the Z06 and Caddy CTS-V. The new Z06 (or whatever it is called) is to get a 500HP (or so) 6.0L LS2. CTS-V should also get the LS2, at the same time, or shortly after.

Ford GT > LS2 Z06 though

I am a big follower of the Vette, for this motor it might be a quad cam 6.0 OR a DOHC with assisted valve timing, but this is just a rumor, the engine code sheet has been seen floating around on the internet... and at the bottom is this "NEW" motor it has been in the works for some time now, i have heard it is pushing a million hours of test time, how its doing is not known yet, but from the engine code sheet it seems to be at or around 406hp for the base model.. and 500-510 hp for the Z06 plus some say that pratt and miller have worked on the body to make it 160 lbs lighter than this years z06, the weight should be at 2995 lbs. But this is an uncomfirmed rumor, but keep in mind when GM says this new motor may be a rumor, so far in GM history has been known to become a real motor in production...

·
Registered
723 Posts
um, ok thats all fine and good but where is the damned camero? GM needs to bring back the twins. i don't think a 350ish hp camero/firebird to combat the new mustang would be that hard.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
um, ok thats all fine and good but where is the damned camero? GM needs to bring back the twins. i don't think a 350ish hp camero/firebird to combat the new mustang would be that hard.

Discontinued!!!!!!!
the SSR replaced the camero!!!!!!
and the GTO replaced the firebird!!!!!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discontinued!!!!!!!
the SSR replaced the camero!!!!!!
and the GTO replaced the firebird!!!!!!!
i know they're discontinued. i want them to come back. the fact that the GTO and SSR are their replacements is just sad.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
if GM is going OHC, then ford needs to get off their ass and cram some displacement in their damned cars...

I thought i could quit cursing a president named Bill when Bush was elected, boy was I wrong.

WE can get 5.4 L out of the 4.6L block and 6.2L out of the 5.4L block. I say that so often i'm gonna make it my sig. BAH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts