Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored at work and I was checking the new Caddy SRX..well I'm not a big fan of Caddys new direction with styling (esp the CTS) I think the SRX is pretty neat looking and it has alot of neat little features on it like the full glass sunroof. Not too bad for a Crossover/SUV type vehicle.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/models/gallery.jsp?model=srx

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck is basically a Buick Rendezvous ....puke...gag...vomit
Not quite...the Rendevous is based off GM's minivans the SRX is the same platform as the CTS I believe....

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like it. I also like the CTS too i saw a black one the other day with 20" chrome spinning rims. looked great

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the only thing that makes that truck look good is the front...

the truck is basically a Buick Rendezvous ....puke...gag...vomit
You have been misinformed. The SRX is based on the CTS, it shares no relation to the Rendevous. The SRX should make a good X5 competetor.

·
Registered
433 Posts
YO....

all i have to say is get a profile shot of the SRX and a profile of a rendezvous ......you will see exactly what i'm saying....very very very close

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Nah....

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
the SRX has nice sharp lines and the rendezvous has bubbly rounded curves. they really dont look anything alike. the SRX does look awesome tho

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

negitive.

·
Registered
410 Posts
hahahaha....

you guys are on some serious crack
It can't be anything compared to the Acid you must have dropped, because you're on one SERIOUS trip.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
the SRX is very clearly NOT on the same platform as the Rendezvous...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Take a better shot of the SRX ...you will see
FocusedOne, I agree with you. When i looked at the caddy, first thing that came to my mind was the Rendevouz. VERY similar profile!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Whats up with the SRX's a$$ it look so fugly they should re do that part! the buick brings an awesome "bring it on" song to mind....U G L Y you aint got no aliby you ugly yah yah you UGLY and Fugly so drive it off a cliff and dont forget TIGER WOODS

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

I finally got side profiles.

Lets see, from the side I see 2 wheels, 4 doors, and a 2 box profile. OMG they are the same thing, just badge engineered!

·
Registered
933 Posts
everyone know that a Rendezvous is a rebadged aztek!!
duH!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I suppose the one readily apparent styling cue in common between Rendesvous and SRX is the strong, forward-swept C-pillar. Which, incidentally, is a long-absent and VERY welcome feature on wagon-type vehicles, and in fact I can't think of a better example than the SRX (Ford's Freestyle concept also did a nice job of this). Really serves to break up the tedious length of solid windows front to back (like the Focus wagon and most every other station wagon sold in the last several decades). A dominant C on a wagon was hinted at in the '70's (especially w/ AMC's Hornet Sportabout, which, speaking strictly in design terms, was one of the more brilliant vehicles to come out of that decade) Ford, to a lesser extent, has a tradition of this, most pronounced on the Taurus (all generations)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts