Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a aem cold air. and what i was thinking about doing is cuting it where the mass air is and install the 70mm maf.
my question is will that mess up my airflow speed or mess up anything for that matter?
has anybody had experence with doing this, and how it turned out.any help with this would be helpfull.

thanks
mike

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't think you would gain anything by doing this. The diameter of the AEM is the same as the stock MAF throughout the length of the piping. By cutting it and adding the 70mm MAF, you will just have oe area that is oversized but will go right back down to the smaller ID after passing through the MAF.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yes it would be a waste of money and really piss-off the pcm.

we need to get aem to make provisions in their intake design for a larger mas, that would be cool.

[ 02-11-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Machine ]

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I don't think that you will run into a problem as the ID of the tubing necks down only in the section where the MA element is inserted. As long as you remove that section, you shouldn't have a problem. Just to be on the safe side, slide off your cone filter and take the tubing ID with a set of calipers. Compare to the ID of the MAF.

We'll do it at the next G2G. I have a pretty sweet set of digital dial calipers I'll bring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts