Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know AEM is making a CAI for SVTF's now but would it really even help the SVT performance-wise? I've been looking at the stock intake on mine and I don't see how you could get any cooler of an airflow than from that big snorkel above the grill?

Have any of you SVT guys installed the AEM CAI? Did you feel much of a change in sound/performance? I think it would be a cool mod just for engine aesthetics but that's kinda pricey.

-Justin

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
try doing a search. you will find everything you need and more. There are a crap load of posts about this mod and the good and bad things.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Cmon Jason dont be so quick to dismiss.
. Anyway, quickly sounds like you have a turbo if you drive right. Gain in hp is noticeable. Dont count on more trq to be noticeable. I think there is more trq with stock induction with [email protected] then with AEM with the cat.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The strong growl and air sucking soumds are worth it alone. Better throttle response and top end power sealed the deal for me.
Overall, I give it

The only reason, I'm selling mine(hint) is because I got the JRSC and I got the short ram, since everyone says a shorty is better for this setup.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
David...not quick to dismiss. Just saw nobody had responded and since I have never had one I didn't want to say to much. So I just tried to point him in the right direction...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Hey Jason...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts