Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my CAI filter. I was at Auto Zone and saw that they have some air filter in their "performance" section. It says Spectre on the box. It has the right inlet size I need. Is this air filter any good? I posted this in the unrelated area but got no answers so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Many filters look same as the original AEM or K&N cone filters but there not. The reason is the chip filters that you find in auto parts store are just "dry" sponge and NOT oil wet filters.
That means the "dry" sponge filters they do NOT repel the water if that accidentally reach them, and you know what happened after. Oil wet filter repel the water and also filtrate the air better as having more flow as well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree, the filters you see at autozone, pep boys, trak auto etc, the rice burner filters, are simple cotten base material, and don't actually filter quite as good as ITG or K&N. if your looking for the CAI filter, look in the k&n mag, they have there at autozone and look for one that matches the tubing, whether it be 3" 2 1/2" etc etc.. I used to do the rice filters at autozone, but saw I was cheating myself in the long run to save a few bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts