Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah this is really a dumb question because it is obvious but I'm a noob at some things. If I got a CAI and a 65mm TB from Focus Sport, I would need to get the car re-tuned or else it may be to running to lean? Please explain this for me. Thanks.

-Ryan

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Shouldn't need to. Might help, but I don't think its a need to issue. And, just so you know, FS only sells the Cossie TB for us which is a 67mm.

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am an uber noob, I feel dumb as [censored]. Well I dont exactly wanna tear into the motor because I just got the car 3 days ago and the warrenty is good for 6 years. Hentz the just bolt on parts. Though I would like a new exhaust, what about tuning for that? Yes or no? Or with all three should I get it tuned?

-Ryan

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Shouldn't need tuning for the exhaust either. I'm running CAI and Exhaust with no tuning and have no problems at all. Don't worry, ask all the questions you want. Thats what most of us are here for. We all gotta start somewhere.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The stock st throttle body is supposedly 65 mm. And can be had for under $100 bucks.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
You shouldn't need tuning unless you fool with the MAF unit, cams, compression, or go FI / NO2

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
You shouldn't need tuning unless you fool with the MAF unit, cams, compression, or go FI / NO2
But it might be helpful if you get a header, to take off that pesky CEL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts