Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , im looking for opinions on a CAI... just wondering whats the best one for my car
.. Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks
Erin

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I would think the AEM would be your best bet. I am not a big fan of CAI so I don't know which ones are the better ones. However they all serve the same function. So I would go with quality and price!

·
Registered
434 Posts
the BEST CAI is the pipercross brand intakes, but I don't think an extra couple HP is worth the extra couple hundred dollars. Personally, I am not a fan of the CAI's due to the additional maintenance required (not to mention the possibility (however minute) of hydrolock, but the AEM is the most common, by far.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
the BEST CAI is the pipercross brand intakes, but I don't think an extra couple HP is worth the extra couple hundred dollars. Personally, I am not a fan of the CAI's due to the additional maintenance required (not to mention the possibility (however minute) of hydrolock, but the AEM is the most common, by far.
Another reason the Pipercross is probably the best (cost no object) choice is that the intake port is behind the grill, so no real worries about hydrolock. I only wish I knew what one felt like on my car
Also, don't all AEM's now have the option to break in the middle for a bypass valve or use as a shorty when needed? Don't feel like doing the research myself right now...

*edit*

Did the research...

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2416864223

AEM's website indicates that the bypass valve is available as well, but that will put you at $400+ (list) for the kit. Not much different from the Pipercross...

*edit 2*
After browsing the sponsors' websites, I'd go AEM before Pipercross. But, before that, I'd go SCT (if I hadn't already
) - best gain:$ ratio around IMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts