Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think if i only go to like a 20lb or 24lb injector with appropriate MAFS calibration, that i wouldnt need a chip to do all the scaling crap i keep hearing off??

Will it work well for those injectors without a custom chip?

The only chip i want is raised idle, rev limiter, speed limiter and no cel lights...THATS IT

I refuse to go any higher than 24lb injectors, thats plenty for an N/A car

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yaya....blabla

anyone else? Preferably with experience? I mean, everyone says timing and ****, but is there really gonna be that big of a difference, IF ANY, by going up 1 or 2 sizes?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
The only chip i want is raised idle, rev limiter, speed limiter and no cel lights...THATS IT
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I checked on the custom programming charge for a Superchip. It's $250.00. That's PLUS the price of a chip, or for a chip that you already own. So, if you have anything done that requires a custom burn (no CEL lights) you should have it all done. I don't know what Diablo charges.

That's why I'm selling my 2 Superchips on eBay right now. That will pay for most of my C-F-M custom chip.

As for the re-cal on a MAF. It does add timing by lowering the LOAD % that the PCM sees. How much? Will it hurt? Those are the questions only your dyno shop will tell you.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have recalibrated MAFS on my JRSC ZX3-if I installed bigger injectors is it generally a good idea to A) recalibrate the MAFS and B) get a custom burn on my Superchip? can they do anything to help with fuel management on that chip?
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
745 Posts
is money an issue cause if i had your setup i would go with engine managment instead of the chip...it would allow a more aggressive fuel map and that would need appropriate timing adjustments...not to mention you could use the larger injectors without the lull on the bottom-end you were wanting to avoid. Pectel is spendy but ask P-51 about it since he has one. if you wanna take a look overboost did an article on it
Overboost Pectel Focus

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no thanx...not on an NA car...i will get it when and if i get a turbo...its WAY overkill on a NA car

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Naz, you can see what a T2 can do for a NA car, why not?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts