Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FocusHacks.com is going to be doing a shootout between the "ghetto" bored-out stock Throttle body, and the Focus Central 65mm Throttle Body. Unfortunately, Dyno's cost MONEY, something I have little of.

Right now I have about $15 that's been raised through sales of products through the FocusHacks.com online shop. If you feel you'd like to contribute, feel free to hit "donate" or pick up a Service manual CD-ROM or anything from the online shop.

Right now, all profit that's made from sales through the online store is going directly into the dynometer rental from MC Racing here in kansas city.

The results and scanned dyno slips will be posted on focushacks.com and a full writeup of our feelings will probably be featured in the first edition of KCCompacts online magazine (that's pending right now, it may not happen)

The test will probably be done using a 2001 ZX3 5 Speed with a CAI, Exhaust, UDP, DiabloSport Chip, and plug wires. We already have an FC Throttle Body and the stock TB laying around.

If you leave your focaljet name in the notes field, you'll get mad props on focushacks.com

[ 09-23-2002, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: ax0n ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sell me some of your spare networking parts and I will send money...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Ooh, I would like to know the results of this "shootout." Hopefully you folks can do it soon!

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, hopefully we'll raise enough cashola to take the test vehicle to MC Racing. Dyno runs cost $55 for back to back sessions, so we need $110 to run 2 dyno runs. We may also do some preliminary testing using Street Dyno, the KCCompacts crew picked it up.

·
Registered
830 Posts
send me the FC throttle body and I will dyno them for you...
I already have a bored (hell yeah) throttle body.

and my dyno place is like 70$ canadian for an hour so I could dyno wathever else you can think of... (sorry, no lawn mower on the dyno
)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Why don't you do 1 run with the ported stocker, and then 1 run with the FC TB? I mean, swapping it takes 5 minutes. And you should have at least that time in between the runs?

OR, you can come to Canada and get 3 runs for 50$, which would include dyno with stock TB, then swap to ported stock, then switch to FCTB!

·
Registered
658 Posts
i can also get runs for cheap...65 an hour. papasmurf..can i borrow your FcTb???? could be cheaper is someone foots the bill if be willing to pay up front and bill you for the results.

yes it is a dynojet...

[ 09-24-2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: djwirfel ]

·
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we're doing it here in KC, we'll be taking pictures of all steps of the installation of the FCTB, and photos and revised installation instructions of boring the stock TB. The whole shebang will be written, edited, and produced by KCCompact Magazine staff, so it's all going to be done locally. Thanks for the offers though.

MC Racing doesn't usually let you modify your car between back-to-back purchased dyno runs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts