Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how did you all get the shift boots there properly? did you all reuse the staples? or did you all do any glueing? let me know, I have them in kind of ghetto rigged underneath, but they look nice when you look at em.....btw, I bought the medium blue stitching w/black leather.....matches beautifully....I would recommend this to anybody w/a blue theme going or the SVT blue interior

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I did not glue mine (and I think it would be a very bad idea to do so.) I did not have access to a staple gun so I just took the stock staples an pushed them through the boots and back into the rings and then bent them back closed. You have to be very careful if you are going to use this method that you don't ruin the staples removing them from the rings when you take the stock boots off.

Nate

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, I didn't know if you were going to actually put them through the boots again.....that's cool, i'l try that to see how it goes

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
alright, I didn't know if you were going to actually put them through the boots again.....that's cool, i'l try that to see how it goes
If you have any trouble puncturing the leather just keep a little swiss army knife on hand and poke a tiny hole for the staple to push through.

Nate

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
I reused the factory staples also. A little tricky / pita, but it worked out nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts