Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hell of a time trying to do research on various cam combos. I have done a search and here is what I got so far.
A)FR stg1-torquey and nice power band
B)FR stg2-torquey as well
C)FR stg3 int + stg2 exh-huge flat torque curve and lots of high end
D)Crower2-lots of high end almost no low end
E)Crower 3int + 2exh- Nice torque curve and lots of high end.

How complicated is the installation of combo B, C, and E.
I know with combo E there needs to be slight grinding to make clearance, but am unsure about combo B and C. Also, If any of you who have these setups currently, I would greatly appreciate any and all comments and comparisons. Thanks in advance
!!!

Bartek

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have setup E. The installation is no different when mixing cam stages. And yes, mild grinding is needed for the Intake cam. It wont even turn until it is ground down around where the tappets go. I should have a new dyno soon as I just installed a 70mm tb and the fc race manifold, and it feels much stronger. I'll see just how far this combo makes power in the rpm band.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
How bout crane (or FR you call it) 3 Intake and Crower 2-3 exhaust?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw dj's dyno with the crower 3int and 2 exh, and it had a very nice torque curve with, if i can remember correctly, had 161hp and 159tq.... looking good, how much grinding is required to the intake cam (is it on the edge of the lobe or on the tip)? Thanks!

Bartek

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The dyno w/ 159 tq was another person w/ the 3/2 setup, Saleen something I think. The grinding is at the edges of where the lobe is, I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is a dremel tool enough to do the grinding?
thanks,
bartek

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
anyone have a dyno graph of combo C?

ford stg 3 int, stg 2 exhaust?

I've heard a lto about it, never seen a graph tho. THanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
focusboy can hook up the crowers stg3int stg2exh combo

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmmm... I havent contacted him for a couple of months, but he was on this board. Try PM'ing him. I will check if i have his email somewhere...

bartek

·
Registered
786 Posts
anyone have a dyno graph of combo C?

ford stg 3 int, stg 2 exhaust?

I've heard a lto about it, never seen a graph tho. THanks
I'd like to know this too...if not, guess I'll just settle for the 3's and see what happens.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just got set up E i will tell you about with dyno numbers and what not when i get it to the shop for installation and tuning

1 - 17 of 17 Posts