Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going ot be doing my cam gear install soon (along with an Essy intake cam). I was wondering, are ARP cam gear bolts a must? I know they are strong as hell but I don't know about $50 dollars strong

Also, I'm currently ticked at about 44k miles. Is a new timing belt needed?

Last q, would anybody by any chance be able to give me a basic install guide? This will be my first cam/cam gear install.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
As long as you're careful when tuning, you probably won't need the APRs. I slipped a couple of times on mine, so just be cafeful and pay attention when you're doing it.

A new belt is always nice for reassurance.

I can give you a quick guide later today in a PM if you want. I've got some chores to do before I play.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aiight cool, 50 bucks is a lot to save!

About the belt, I may just go and get the kent belt from FS.

Thanks Eggyolk, I'd really appreciate that. To be honest I'm a little intimidated because of that whole TDC/Cam gear install tool thread that is floating around. I'm feelin a bit more cautious now doing this myself...a guide would be GREAT help. Thanks again.

Also, another question, does the valve cover gasket need to be replaced when I take it off? how often does it need ot be replaced? everytime it's taken off? or do i even need one?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Just check it out when you take it off. 99% of the time it doesn't need to be. Just make sure you if it falls out of the groove, put it back it correctly -
da
Don't fret about the TDC, as long as you get it very close you'll be cool. Thats what they make adjustables for

·
TEAM Sponsor
805 Posts
With only 44k on it, i wouldn't do a belt. You have to take the passanger motor mount off and a few shields to get the old one out. It's time consuming...believe me.

Clint

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news! I was really contemplating of just leaving the stock one since it's only 44k. I'll just wait another 15k or so until I'll replace it.

Anyway, Winkty, you got a PM.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts