Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my stage two crowers and im expecting the gears in a few days, i was just wondering if anybody out there is running these two mods and can give me a good +\- on the cam gears to compliment the cams to bring the most out of them. just need to know some numbers so i have a good starting point thats going to make a good gain. thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes definataly dyno while doing the gears.

first i did +6 int and -4 exh

and then i gained more hp and torque when i did +3 int and +1 exh. those were the two best. just keep in mind that one mark on the cam gears is equal to 2* timing. the guy at the dyno can hurt your car if he dosent know that.

late
conor

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally posted by conor303:
just keep in mind that one mark on the cam gears is equal to 2* timing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I suspect that statement only pertains to certain gears? My FC gears are advertised as 10 degrees adjustments either Advanced or Retarded, and has ten marks on either side of zero.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
what to do if there is no place to dyno when you do the install?

how would you know how to adjust, and how bad would it be to left unadjusted.

Drew

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Well there is no harm in leaving the cams set at 0,0.

I've had mine at 0,0 for a long time. Yes I probably not at peak power, but if there is no time to dyno, then just don't dyno yet. It's not like it'll kill your car.

Just make sure you do the install correctly. Don't think about Dynoing until you get your cams/gears in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts