Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes, i've read all kinds of the old posts in here about cam gears but none of them really helped me. I've always just figured i'd buy AEM cam gears because that's a company I like a lot. But some people mentioned the fidanza cam gears for like $179. Now, a cam gear is a cam gear i know, but I was just wondering what people's impression of the cam gears they bought were. In an old post someone said they had heard something bad about the fidanza. Which ones are best for quite a few adjustments, and longevity. Which will not wear down over time (belt surface) or use belts as quickly. I'm a pretty brand specific buyer (i usually only buy the legendary brands), but if the two products are similar I guess i'll try to get out and save the $70. Also are they all similar weights? Or is there a brand that's much lighter/dynos more than the others? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
try going to raceeng.com they have better gears....lightweight and use the good bolts(12pt)only 200 for both.....

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the Fidanza's and they have been fine, nice light gear for decent price. I didn't like the AEM's because if you look at the outer bolts holding the adjustment, there is only I think 3, where as the FC and Fidanzas, etc have 5 or 6. Feel better having more holding strenth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts