Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
is it an svt or a zx3? if its an svt i dont think they have cam gears *yet* but if you have a zx3 try fidanza cam gears there real good you can get them on e-bay for likr 100$

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
If you have an SVT - You will only need a Single Cam Gear - As you can only tune your Exhaust Cam - As the Intake has VCT.

Check with Focus Central and see if they will sell a Single one to ya.

drew
fok

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
If you have an SVT - You will only need a Single Cam Gear - As you can only tune your Exhaust Cam - As the Intake has VCT.

drew
fok
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">drew actually evan with vct you can get cam gears......... just like the zx2 guys they have vct all you need is an adaptor that goes on the exhaust cam and then you can throw the gear on .if i remember correctly you can get these from esslinger or zxtuner.com

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Originally posted by artin:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by focusownerskid:

drew
fok
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">drew actually evan with vct you can get cam gears......... just like the zx2 guys they have vct all you need is an adaptor that goes on the exhaust cam and then you can throw the gear on .if i remember correctly you can get these from esslinger or zxtuner.com</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When this is done on the ZX2's, they lose the VCT and will get a CEL. I don't know if you will get the CEL on the SVT, but the VCT on the SVT is for perfromance whereas on the ZX2's it was for emissions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts