Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the over all opinion of installing a cam gear on a SVT? Has anyone done it and what kind of results are people getting. I did a search did not come up with anything.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Good question. I have a client who installed adjustable cam gears and underdrive pully and achieved a 4 hp. gain with magnaflow exhaust. Does this sound right?!?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
What is the over all opinion of installing a cam gear on a SVT? Has anyone done it and what kind of results are people getting. I did a search did not come up with anything.
Unless you have cheap and easy access to a dyno, make it one of your last mods, or at least if there's going to be some time between your next mods. It would be silly to have to re-tune the cam gear timing after every mod you add. I'm staying away for now.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
we made 12-15 hp with exhuast cam gear, aluminum fly wheel and exhuast.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
some did gain 7-8whp with the minor bolt on mods..CAI, pullies, exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
does the SVT use the same cam gears as the ZX3 or are they different?

you can use the same exhuast but not intake gear. I think it is because of the variable intake timing or something like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts