Ford Focus Forum banner

cam gears

566 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SonicBluSVT 02'
What is the over all opinion of installing a cam gear on a SVT? Has anyone done it and what kind of results are people getting. I did a search did not come up with anything.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Good question. I have a client who installed adjustable cam gears and underdrive pully and achieved a 4 hp. gain with magnaflow exhaust. Does this sound right?!?
What is the over all opinion of installing a cam gear on a SVT? Has anyone done it and what kind of results are people getting. I did a search did not come up with anything.
Unless you have cheap and easy access to a dyno, make it one of your last mods, or at least if there's going to be some time between your next mods. It would be silly to have to re-tune the cam gear timing after every mod you add. I'm staying away for now.
I remember hearing 1 or 2 hp gain with that being the only upgrade.
we made 12-15 hp with exhuast cam gear, aluminum fly wheel and exhuast.
Hmmm.....lighter flywheel huh....
some did gain 7-8whp with the minor bolt on mods..CAI, pullies, exhaust, etc.
does the SVT use the same cam gears as the ZX3 or are they different?
does the SVT use the same cam gears as the ZX3 or are they different?

you can use the same exhuast but not intake gear. I think it is because of the variable intake timing or something like that.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.