Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet again,my timely search efforts have failed. Does anyone have a good cam install? Ive ordered a set of crower stage 2, the old grind, and they're on there way. Ive got a set of cam gears here too that I'm gonna put on all at the same time. Also I've heard back and forth that you need different springs but then I heard you dont for the old but do for the new. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I feel very confident in my skills when I'm working on my car, and yet I wouldn't install cams. There's just too much to screw up, I think. I'd leave a cam install to a competent speed shop that has the necessary tools/experience/parts/etc. I know other's have installed their cams with no problems, but that's just me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
the cam install is not that bad if you have instructions. go pick up a chilton focus repair book and follow ALL the directions, i mean All!!! you are going to need a special tool to hold the cams at TDC at the #1 cylinder, and assembly lube but it isn't that hard. take your time and have a good time ....O and make sure you measure the lash slop, you'll need a feeler gauge for that and that is a need. GOOD LUCK -Jon at Rte. 205 Auto

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts