Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I was wondering, are they pretty close to perfect as far as being set from the factory, or are they off. I was thinking about a set of cam gears or having them readjusted, also is there a way to tell if they are not properly adjusted, or if they have lost there factory position.(not sure if you would call it timing, so i refer to it as positioning).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I found that my cam timing was pretty far off when I went to install my cam gear. With the crank set to TDC, the cams were off a few degrees. Needless to say, getting the engine timed back to what it should have been was an improvement...and YES, it came this way from Ford...go figure!

Of course, actually adjusting the cam gear on the dyno yielding something like 5.6 hp and 7.5 lb-ft by itself. So, all in all, you might find some power in checking your timing. Its been my personal belief after my experience that many of the SVT's power variances from one to another have been cam timing related. But again, maybe your car was timed correctly from the factory...in that case, you won't gain anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts