Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about cams.
Is it difficult to install cams and how long should it take installing cams. anyone have any recommendations on cams, and a good place to buy em. also i want to get ones that are easy to install w/o doing any head work.

thanks for your assistance,

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just installed my crower stage 2's. the install wasn't close to as bad as I thought it would be. I also installed cam gears at the same time, the whole thing took about 3 hours. Having someone with previous engine work is a must though. Just alot of little things to remember. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
call and ask 4 ray or bobby at www.mcnewsautomotive.com

717 432 9503

They sell ford racing and cat cams. goin rate is about 345 4 a pr. their great people that can help u b4 and after the sale. i do highly suggest that u get a good set of angled feeler gauges 2 measure valve lash. its critical w/all cams 2 get it right out of the box and change shim buckets when needed 2 get it right. i think many people ignore this step and just drop them in sayin close enuff. its not good, not only does it give the potential 4 killin somethin in ur topend or at topend, u'll lose power due 2 the valves tickin/floatin and thus not opening/closing fast enuff or not all the way. take ur time, invest the extra time and bread in doin it right the 1st time. then enjoy.

PS-remember u have an ATX, so dont choose somethin solely based on some1's w/a 5spds' experience. i'd suggest ford racing stg 2s.

good luck,

-Ult

[ 01-26-2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts