Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs on my Focus, along with the obligatory shocks/struts and swaybars. My concern is Camber. I have a LOT of camber problems, my wheels picking up about 2 degrees of camber change. I wore out my last set of tires after about 15000 miles. All of the camber kits that I have seen only give +/- 1 degree and that's for both front and rear. Is there any way to get this back to factory settings? Steeda sells a tubular front control arm setup. Will this help if coupled with the camber kit? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
You'd be surprised how loose the "factory recommended" camber settings are. +1 degree of camber will easily put you back into spec, unless there's something seriously wrong. Also, the majority of tire wear is not due to camber, but toe, which can be easily fixed without any new parts.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Pitchblack is right.
Toe is more likely your problem.
Also, the Steeda arms are rebadged Focus Central arms, and they've been prone to failure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Negative 2 degrees should not be that big of a deal if your toe is within specs and it should make your handling a lot better ...

Albert

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh....thanks, guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts