Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and got an allignment and when the guy took it for a test drive (which i still dont understand because the guy didnt know what it drove like before the allignment ????????) and when he was pulling it back in he curb checked and broke the bracket holding the bodykit to the rest of the car, i wasnt to happy. Anyway the guy said i have some camber issue's. With a focussport strut bar what is the best way i could go to fix that i woud really like to keep the strutbar but Im wondering if im goin to run out of room on the screw to fit something in there. Does anybody have any suggestions?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Did he give you a printout of your camber?
I'd like to know #'s before making any other statements.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I went and got mine aligned the other day and my camber is outta whack and the guy told me that the ford has a service announcement for the rear control arms, and that they need to be replaced beacuse they are doing this to some foci, the printout said that it may be covered under warranty, check and see if that is your problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes there is a ford TSB out right now about replacing the rear upper control arms to compensate for negative camber that is out of spec, which if i can remember off the top of my head is a high amount somewhere around 1.3* neg

also if your car was damaged while in a shop they should be paying for it, talk to the service manager and im sure they will kiss your bum trying to keep you happy.

as for the test drive, any good front end tech will test drive a vehicle both before and after a repair is made, from what your saying he didnt test drive it in the beginning, then he just diagnosed it. a little more info would be good. you did take it to a blue oval certed dealer correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts