Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cams can I do on my car safely. It is a daily driven ZX3 with around 53000 miles on it. I want more power but I don't want to lose reliablilty. I can't afford for the car to let me sit because I screwed around with the motor. So can I do a stage 1 or 2 safely. And what kind of money am I looking at for all of this installed.

By the way, I really don't feel like using the search function, so don't bother telling me to look there first.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
50,000 miles
see mods

The only thing I 'm going to be doing (and what you should do as well if you do get cams) is replace the springs and retainers

I've had my cams for 24,000 miles and i'm very happy. I'm due for new springs and retainers though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
shiva and blue, what sort of times are you guys running in the 1/4???

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I haven't yet. I'm estimating between 125-132 whp with my mods.

If the wolff atx package every comes out, I'm estimating 150-160 whp.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
I have an appointment for a Dyno on Wednesday.

But I'm estimating about 195 FWHP. Do you think I'll be disapointed?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Blue, where did you get your MAF? which one is it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
My MAF is off of a F-150 Lightning. I got it at my local Ford dealer for $110.00 plus they took my stock Focus MAF as the core. Had to have the curve burned into the chip or it wouldn't have run. Also it doesn't have a built in IAT so I got the Ford stand alone one from the same Dealer for $24.00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts