Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do cams affect your warrenty?
If I put em in, and the engine explodes, I'm basically out of luck right? Any one have any experiences?

-jesse

·
Registered
591 Posts
LOL cams + warrenty = a better joke than icemanzx3's sex life

but seariously no your warrenty will be gone i was like you i was allll warrenty consious but then i reaaaly got tired of runnign 16's now im almost hiiing 150 whp

how do you like m now boss!~

·
Registered
181 Posts
HMmmm good question. ITs probably one of those things that is very unlikely to happen. But You can still get your car serviced and everything as long as you have a cam cover on there. But if your engine blows you could just put the stock cams on there and be like I dunno. Just make sure you dont have any other mods on the car including stickers. Also never put other mods on the car and take it into your ford dealer. THey will take down a list of what you got on your car.

[ 12-01-2002, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Gregersonsalvage ]

·
Registered
222 Posts
here is a little bit of info, correct me if i am wrong but the last time i checked Crane makes the stock cams for the car and there fore stamps the ford logo onto the cams. Now i know that on the after market Crane cams Stage 1-3 they have stamped the ford logo onto all of them making it harder to find out if they are stock if you took it to a dealer, unless they take the gear off and see the model number on the end of it.

just thought i would let you know

geoff

·
Registered
292 Posts
i have cams in my car and have never had a problem with warranty, and ive been to a few dealerships, the only time you would have a problem is if the camshaft cauyses a problem, then he warranty will not cover it.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
if u choose 2 mod, u choose 2 run the risk of having all or parts of ur warranty (and in some cases ur car insurance, varies by company and state) voided. choose wisely.

-Ult

[ 12-01-2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
only if the cams cause the problem would something not be covered under warranty...and so far most people haven't had any problems w/ their cams

1 - 7 of 7 Posts