Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to purchase a set of Cams for my ZX3. with the few mods i have. is there gonna be a noticable gain or should i go a different route? i have the choice between cams and cam gears or race header and offroad pipe. any one ideas are great help. this will be my last mod for quite for at least a year.most are listed below

·
Registered
473 Posts
if you're getting cams, get the gears at the SAME time because you will pay labor charges twice or if doing it yourself it's a pain in the ass to waste this process twice, plus you can adjust your new cams instead of the stock cams. i have an auto. and had crower stage II cams with focus central cam gears. very very nice gain, and much more im sure with 5 speed. also had headers(shorty), high flow cat., exhaust. i would get the cam/cam gear set up before exhaust, but just my opinion because shorty headers(coated) from pacesetter are $200. i have these(uncoated) with no problems in almost 2 years. good luck!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I"VE DONE SEARCHES!!! k, just to get that out of the way
are there dynos of stage1's or 2's for say crower, cat, and crane? I'm concerned with preserving low-end, so charts are really far more important than a max tq number.

·
Registered
473 Posts
there are a few dyno charts/info on the comparison between crower and crane on the jet. just have to look more than most. i do know this: the crower II's are very nice! you can pick up some gears for pretty cheap on ebay or on this site(classifieds). if you could find some cams as well that woul help alot! i paid $167 for mine. the guy was "parting out" his car, but never installed these. brand new with seals and "cam lubricant" (no remarks please!). u can find great deals out there as many people are parting out there cars right now. good luck, and PM me if you have any ?'s. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts