Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed my head i got it ported and polished. while it was off i ported my intake manifold.i was running 15.8 before my head got done now i am running 17.9 in the 1/4 mile. there is slight hesatation in 2 and 3rd gear.real slight but i have no idead whats wrong. any help will be greAT my car is just ruuning l.ike [censored] right now and iit sucks ...

·
Registered
970 Posts
could you be a little more descriptive in how its running. is it idleing bad, or bad idle at start and gets better when driving, missing bad. check all vaccumm lines also coming from intake manifold, i had a hole in one coming from my intake manifold running to the pcv valve and it ran like ass until i fixed it. also is there a cel on?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
You ported the intake manifold? You mean match ported it to the head? Did You have a professional port the head? You need to check for vacuum leaks like stated above, but it could very well be a loss cause if porting was done wrong.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it idles a little stutter but when you drive it in first it seems fine once you get on it in 2nd around 3000 it starts to stutter real slight thought same thing in 3rd. there is a machine shop that specilize in porting and polishing that did the head for me.i ported the intake mani to the head and for the trhottle body. i was going to get it tuned on the dyno but they told me if the car was set at top dead center and it is still not running right dont bother bring it down to tune it..i have a qustion? when you look at the throttle body side of the intake mani theres a hole there the also is in the throttle body where does that go to.i thnk when i was porting the inatke mani i went thre in to that whole tht in talking about. there is only like a pin whole i went threw..thanks for the responce it sucks that my car is running like [censored] and there nothing i can do.because i cant fine the problem

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
That little pinhole is your problem. That is the idle bypass port for the Idle Air Control valve. Looks like You will need a new intake manifold. I wouldn't even touch the intake with a grinder, just leave it stock.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
some 2 part epoxy will patch it right up

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
once i fix this little problem i should feal a difference then. i mean if i was running 15.8 qand now im running 17.8. that little problem will cause that much damage ,dont know just asking. cause it realy sucks now how slow it is.. haha lol thanks for the responce tho :

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
car is running like a whole differtn car now. its amzing what a little bit of apoxy will do.. hahah. but it willl work for now tilll i order a new intrake manifold.. thanks for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts