Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if it would be safe to do so.......if not, how can I go about changing the color of it? if this is supposed to be in exterior/interior i'm sry about that.......

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you painted yours did you sand off everything before painting? or just paint overtop?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
If you powdercoat it, you must take the neck off of the bottle and remove the gaskets. The temperature that the bottle must be baked at to cure powdercoating is too high and might cause future failure of the gasket.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you powdercoat it, you must take the neck off of the bottle and remove the gaskets. The temperature that the bottle must be baked at to cure powdercoating is too high and might cause future failure of the gasket.
alright cool, thanks for the info fellas, I guess I better start sanding down then lol

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
FWIW, I'd be very leery of sanding any sort of high-pressure tank. It may be okay - I dunno - but it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I strongly suggest getting in touch with the tank's manufacturer to learn the "proper" way to paint the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts