Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic trans. and I want to put on an Iceman intake, FC TB, Ford Racing Header, Random tech. High flow Cat. and I already have a flowmaster exhaust. Will I need to upgrade my tranny to do this or what will happen. Will I still get power? Will my tranny break down a lot. Somebody help. I don't want to waste over $1000 on parts and get nothing for it but a long parts list. Please help me.

Brian

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
No need to upgrade the tranny for those mods. You won't gain A LOT of power...just a bit.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it gonna be enough to be worth buying, or should I spend my money on more show mods? Right now my car just looks good, no power.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
thats a decision that your going to have to make on your own but most people in this forum will tell you to go with the parts and go a bit faster and if you want those parts to really pay off i would spend an extra couple houndred dollars and get a chip upgrade. i've heard that the chips boost up the tranny pressure and make it shift better and all that other good stuff not to mention it adjusts your fuel curve and other things like that. that would also make your parts more effective. but thats just my opinion I could be wrong

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do intend to get a Diablo chip, I forgot to list that. Thanks for all of the input.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts