Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know the part number but I don't think that the heat shield will be able to be used for the aftermarket headers.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have a JBA that threatens to cook everything near it.It seems if you could modify the stock heat shield to fit, it still would'nt keep the sides of the header and cat from radiating heat.(plus it might get too hacked up) Some sort of box shield like the Edelbrock could work although I don't know if that has enough side shielding. This header puts off so much heat that I wrapped it and even put back my underhood insulator to insure that my CF hood would be protected. What worked well was a hood vent cut into the center of my stock hood.You could actually see heat waves coming from the vent at idle.After fitting the CF hood,I cut a section of my hood cowl seal(rt.side) to relieve some of the engine compartment heat.Both the vent and the cowl seal removal really helped. Another thing was to insulate all the hoses around the header with insulating foil wrap and also insulated the power steering line You can give the power steering line a little clearance from the header tubes by flipping the right hand bracket around.

·
Registered
384 Posts
can the stock header heatshield be used when adding a shorty or race header? Also, does anyone know the part # to the stock header headshield?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts